Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Arf!

I have a new hobby: making treats for my four legged child! Jackson has definitely changed our lives, I can't imagine not having a dog now! How can you resist this sweet face?



There is no way I could make these without the help of my handy dandy stand mixer, that's for sure... I have modified the directions to be for the mixer. The treats call for so much flour and tend to be dry. The good thing about Jackson is he'll eat just about anything... even slightly crispy! I figured it would be best to start out with peanut butter treats since that's his favorite.



Peanut Butter Doggie Bones
Source: Sugar and Spice
Makes 60 1" square treats

INGREDIENTS

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup low-fat milk

DIRECTIONS

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-In the mixer bowl, combine dry ingredients.
-Slowly add milk and peanut butter, mixing well.
-Knead with the dough hook until well blended and the dough forms a large ball.
-Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes.
-Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
-Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad your dog enjoyed these treats! Mine can never get enough, so we have to limit him ;-)