Monday, January 21, 2008

Beans, beans...

I admit. I don't like to eat my veggies. I have the most awful time getting in vegetables throughout the day. I first tried this recipe at Christmas 2006 and fell in love. Up until then, I had hated green beans. Leave it to garlic to add the zing I need! This can also be made up to a day ahead and stored in the fridge. Don't put the bread crumbs on until ready to bake.



Baked Garlic Green Beans
www.allrecipes.com
2 servings

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
1 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon butter, melted

-In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
-Add the beans; toss to coat.
-Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish.
-Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter; sprinkle over beans.
-Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

NUTRITION INFO

Calories 172.5
Total Fat 13.1 g
Cholesterol 2.0 mg
Sodium 651.5 mg
Potassium 19.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
Fiber .3 g
Protein 3.4 g

No comments: