Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Infamous Cookie

Chocolate chip cookies have so many variations if you take the time to search through recipes. I can honestly say I have never made any other chocolate chip cookie besides my dad's recipe. He loves chocolate chip cookies. I used to make them so much growing up I had the recipe memorized and could make them in my sleep.

The trick to making cookies is to get them to that desired doneness. For my husband, his desired doneness is just baked long enough there's a slight crunch to the outside, but you can still have some of that doughy softness when you bite in. Mission accomplished with my Pampered Chef baking sheet and 12 minutes on 350 degrees!



Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: My dad
Yield 36 cookies

INGREDIENTS

1 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
2 eggs (I used Egg Beaters)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 c Sugar
1 c Brown Sugar, lightly packed
2 tbsp Vanilla
2 1/4 c Flour
1 12 oz. bag Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Beat the Crisco and the eggs until well mixed.
-Add the salt, baking soda, and both types of sugar.
-Mix well.
-Fold in the chocolate chips.
-Slowly add flour and mix thoroughly.
-Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet
-Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

NUTRITION INFO
(based on modifications)

Calories 158.7
Total Fat 8.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 109.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
Fiber .8 g
Protein 1.6 g

No comments: