Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cream Cheese Chicken

Cream cheese and chicken? I made a funny face when I first heard of this, but man is this an easy and delicious meal! This is perfect served with rice and steamed or roasted veggies.

When I brought this in to work the next day, I had 3 people ask me if it came from the back of a Campbell's can. No... sorry! I told them it was as about as easy as opening up that can but tasted much better :)



Cream Cheese Chicken
Source: MaryEllen, The Nest
Serves 3

INGREDIENTS
3 chicken breasts, trimmed and kept whole or cut into strips or chunks
1 can chicken broth, separated
4-8 cloves garlic
red pepper flakes
4 oz cream cheese (I used FF)
1.5 tbs flour
2 tsp white wine

DIRECTIONS
- Put chicken in large pan with a little bit of olive oil
- Add red pepper flakes and pressed garlic (I used minced)
- After 1-2 min, add white wine to deglaze the pan and then add ¾ can chicken broth
- Bring to a boil then simmer 20-25 min until chicken is cooked
- Remove chicken and place in a covered dish; keep warm
- Mix flour with remaining broth and add to pan; mix
- Add cream cheese, mix until thick and bubbly
- Pour sauce over chicken

NUTRITION INFO
(based on modifications)

Calories 172.4
Total Fat .7 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg
Sodium 932.9 mg
Potassium 39 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
Fiber .4 g
Protein 33 g

No comments: