Thursday, January 24, 2008

The other Best Friend


Ever since I really got into baking and cooking in the middle of 2007, my dream was to have a Kitchen Aid mixer. I was in awe of the things I could make with it that were just really too labor intensive to make by hand. Our kitchen is just so small that there was no place to store it, so I held back the urge to get one. The other thing is that these suckers are expensive, so it would be nice to save for one.

Flash forward to December 2007 and an amazing deal on Amazon.com. I happened to be looking through their Friday sales when I came across the Pro600 Series for $209.99. What? $210 for the BIG mixer? NO WAY. I talked to my husband and the deal was if I would keep it in the basement, I could get one. There was just no room in the kitchen to store one... that was the biggest thing.

All I can say is WOW. What on earth did I do before this White Wonder came into my life? Just a few things I have made with this machine:

-Meatloaf
-Applesauce
-Dog Treats
-Bread
-Pizza Dough
-Dips
-Cookies
-Brownies

I will happily carry the 31 lbs. of powerful machine up and down the stairs each time I use it. I don't have a problem with that... the time and effort it saves me are well worth it!!!

No comments: